Tuesday, September 29, 2015

HOLY COW THIS IS THE MTC

This has officially been one of the most amazing, eye-opening, learning(ing?) humbling weeks of MY LIFE. The MTC knows how to kick your boo-tay. I would never be able to type everything that I've learned this week into one letter; every day is jam PACKED from 6:30 in the morning to 9:30 at night, but it's all good things ;D

My companion and I are already teaching three (fourish) people and it's incredible.
OH! Before I can even say anything else I gotta tell you that my companion Sister Smith is my Australian twin. Now I gotta make sure that you caught that she's AUSTRALIAN. So flipping cool. She lived three hours South East of Melbourne. Seriously though, we both are the youngest in or families by a significant number of years. She has 5 siblings, I have 6. We laugh at the same dumb things (ie. we're almost constantly laughing). We both grew up on farms (mine was trees, hers was cattle). We even have the same toothbrush holder thingies. Heavenly Father really blessed me when he put me with Sister Smith :D We teach so well together and just love each other's guts. She's gotten pretty sick in the last couple days, but she's such an amazing example of hard work because she's coughing out her guts and wants to keep going.

I basically have three companions though because the other two sisters in my district (which means we all have the same teacher) are with us literally all the time. We go to class together, we go o all out meals together, we live in the same dorm room. I love it! We all get along so well and I'm seriously so thankful that I get to be with such incredible people who love the Lord so much.
On Sunday, we got to watch a powerful talk by Elder Bednar called "Character of Christ." There's no way I could possibly summarize the power it has, but if you can find it, WATCH IT. If you can't watch it, at least read it. I'M SO PUMPED FOR GENERAL CONFERENCE. Just wanted to let you know.

Teaching is the best. It definitely helps that Sister Smith and I are so in-sync, but it seriously makes me so happy to share Heavenly Father's gospel with people. The people we teach aren't even guaranteed to be real investigators (the program is volunteer based and some people are members, some are real investigators), but even if they're fake, it's the BEST to see people coming closer to Christ.

Which is why I'm here. It's why all the missionaries in the world are there. Our purpose is to bring people closer to Christ. Even if they don't get baptized (which ya know is obviously the end goal haha), if we teach them and build their fatih in Jesus Christ, we fulfilled our purpose. Some where, some day, someone else will find them again and bring them even closer.

This is Heavenly Father's gospel. This is what Heavenly Father gave us, to ultimately find happiness.

I love you all so much! You're in my prayers!

Sister Hepworth

P.S. the MTC computers block sending pictures so I'll get some good ones to you next week

P.P.S. I leave for Canada on Tuesday!! That's CRAZY

No comments:

Post a Comment