Monday, October 5, 2015

SURPRISE

Since we're leaving for the field TOMORROW we're writing to all you lovely folks today. Let's say it one more time though; I'M LEAVING FOR CANADA TOMORROW. It's crazy! This has been the longest yet shortest 12 days of my life. The MTC president said missionaries called to speak in their native language are called the "12-day miracles." It really is a miracle that I've been able to learn and grow as much as I have in the past week and a half. And I know that it only worked because the Lord "qualifies whom he calls." The only possible way I could have gone through these 12 days is through strength from the Lord.

The MTC's been a big 'ol slice of humble pie for me. I came into the MTC a little too sure of myself and my missionary readiness. I came into the MTC with an attitude of having my nose up in the air, and I definitely spent a few days with my tail in between my legs because of it. BUT the Lord only breaks us down so he can build us higher. I'm walking out of the MTC tomorrow with my head held high; not because now I think I'm a rockstar and I got this, but because I know now that I do "got this" only with help from on high. When I got here I couldn't wait to leave, and now I wish I could stay and keep learning forever.

BUT ALAS tomorrow is the day! I get to meet my mission president, meet my new companion, and go to WORK.

General Conference was so incredible. I'm so thankful for prophets who are called of God to teach us how to be happy. Thomas S. Monson is God's prophet today and I'm so thankful for his life of service and teachings. From conference, there were several talks that touched on the idea that God takes us as we are. He rejoices every time we take a step forward; the direction is so much more important than the speed. I definitely needed to hear that as I enter the field. I feel so inadequate as a teacher and as a representative of the Savior, but I'm trying to be better. That's all that Heavenly Father wants. He wants to take a step in the right direction and is so happy when we do.

This is real guys. This is the Lord's gospel and this is the way to find complete happiness in this life and in the life to come. He's given us the steps. He's laid it out in the scriptures and in the teaching of the prophets. We just gotta do it. And he REJOICES when we do.

I love you all so much. And Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love you even more
.
Sister Hepworth

P.S. Funny story for the week: one of the Elders in front of us during general conference fell asleep and was straight SNORING. We were all dying of laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment