Tuesday, April 11, 2017

I Never Have To Do That Again!

Sundae supper with the Hewitts!
Waffles and ice cream. What more can you ask?
Well here are again one last time. Let's not talk about that yet.

Holy incredible week! I hardly know where to start.

We'll start with the happiest! Alex was baptized on Saturday! My heavens he is such a cute kid. When he and his family walked into the church he couldn't even walk he was so excited he just kind of darted everywhere he went haha We had talked about in the beginning that it would be a full immersion, so his face would get wet.
The final district
He did not like that idea one bit, so we talked to his mom about it and we just decided to not bring it up again. He was so brave! When bishop was lowering him into the water he got pretty worried, but he was a champ! When they were changing back into dry clothes bishop asked Alex what he thought about the baptism and he said, "I'm glad I never have to do that again!" Hahaha We went over to his house for lunch yesterday and his mom said she asked him to help with the laundry and he responded "I can do that for you Mom! I'm a baptized kid now!" There's a pretty hilarious story with the baptism, but it's better acted out. I'll just have to tell you in person ;D

Sister Taylor made enchiladas mmmmmm
Our other investigator Jody also passed her baptismal interview on Sunday! She was so so nervous going into it. Our district leader lives in Edmonton and doesn't have a car, so she had a Skype interview. When she came out she was just beaming. We gave her a tour of the baptismal font, showed her the white jump suits, and talked about how everything will happen this Saturday. She's so cute. I'll have to try and figure out if I can Skype in or something for her baptism haha

We took Sister Taylor's exercise ball
to the church for morning exercises
and had a grand ol time haha
So we met with Jonel and Mel, the Filipino men we found last week, and my goodness they are incredible. They're so kind and so excited to learn. We showed them the Prince of Peace video on Thursday night and they were a little nervous with their English fluency. Last night, we had another lesson with them and had the Tagalog speaking Elders in the city Skype in. We understood basically nothing that happened, but the investigator Mel has agreed to be baptized on May 13th! They're so great. We gave Mel a Book of Mormon in Tagalog and the second we handed it to him he started reading.

The lovely Gloria
Alright fine. I'll acknowledge that this is my last time writing and that I'll be back in Gridley on Thursday. Last week I talked about how ready I am, but the closer I get, the more nervous I get too haha Last night though we were following up with Jonel about looking through the principles of peace on mormon.org, and after he expressed his thoughts he asked what brought us peace.

My faith brings me peace. My trust that God is my loving Heavenly Father and that he would never do anything or ask me to do anything that wouldn't be what's best for me. Coming home and learning how to live non-missionary life again is scary, but "perfect love casteth out fear." I know Heavenly Father perfectly loves me, so I'm not afraid.

Since I'll be home for Easter,
we made baskets
and hid eggs around the apartment
for each other on Sunday.
Peace and Blessings
Sister Hepworth

P.S. After we showed Jody the font she was so giddy she was just cracking jokes all over the place. Her main friend in the church, Bill, has always been her right hand man for any questions she has about church. He was walking kind of ahead of us while we were walking with Jody. At one point she asked Bill if she needed to bring rain boots for when she gets baptized. He responded with a no and tried to explain why she wouldn't need them while Jody turned to us and gave us a cute little wink and giggle. "Oh. Ok Bill."

Just cute.


Sometimes in Canada people call ponds lakes. Really all the time.



Peace out girl scout.



No comments:

Post a Comment