Tuesday, April 4, 2017

You Look Like Roadkill

We attempted our bubble gum experiment,
but it was a fail.
We bought better bubble gum,
so we'll try again this week.
I can't even type that email title without laughing haha Which happens often. Sister Taylor and I literally laugh so dang much it's basically a constant ab workout. But you'll just have to wait for the P.S.

Happy news first!! Our nine year old investigator Alex passed his baptismal interview!! We're so excited for this Saturday!! I didn't get to be there for the interview because we were on exchanges, so when Sister Taylor was telling me the story later she kept telling me about all these hiccups with it. I was so stressed the whole time and kept thinking that he hadn't been interviewed or didn't pass or wasn't even an investigator anymore. She's a very sneaky story teller. She saved the good news for the very very end. I literally just yelled I was so happy when she finally spit it out haha We called him the yesterday (daily contact for the win) to have him look up a scripture and he was so excited to go run and find his Book of Mormon. It was so so cute haha Afterwards his soon to be 6 year old sister also demanded to read a scripture.

I met Maureen over a year ago
when I was in Mt. Pleasant YSA.
She drove out to Drayton
to have lunch with us!
It was so fun!
We got to help people a lot this week. Mmmm I loved it. It felt like real life. I mean, being a missionary does too, but just getting to help someone clean their yard, or move across town, or put together posters for the library, or clean their curtains. I just love it. Serving people is the best. Saturday was especially great though. We helped an investigator who'd been in pretty sad living conditions for a while move to a nice house right near our apartment. Oh it was so great. After watching them have such a great attitude through the whole mess they've been in I was so thankful to help get them somewhere so perfect for their family. The ward really came through as well. Eight members of the ward came and helped and brought four extra trucks. We had their entire storage unit moved in just over an hour!

The travelling sisters!
There's a companionship of sisters called in the mission to travel to all the other sisters in the mission and go on exchanges with them. We got to have Sister Engelbrektsson and Sister Christensen here with us for Sunday and Monday! Holy so much fun. We got to get a lot of things done for the area with two companionships running around for two days. So many miracles there's not enough time to even begin to list them all.
​Just a giant metal flower
out in the middle of nowhere
At least one is that we met a guy on Monday who is only in Drayton Vallley for a couple weeks for work. As we were introducing ourselves he asked which church we were from. Once he realized who we were he pulled off his work gloves to shake our hands and introduced himself as Brother so-and-so. He joined the church in the Philippines and has been in Canada for 5 years. He knew which church building was supposed to be his and it just so happened to be the chapel I just spent the last six months attending in the Belmead ward! He and his friend both said they wanted to meet while they were here! People who need the gospel are everywhere and are being put where they need to be find it.

General conference was amazing and I got answers to so many questions. I'm just so ready. Ready for whatever the Lord calls me to do next. Helaman told me this week how every job is important and I agree! I'm so excited to go do whatever job I'm asked to do next. I'm sad to leave my current job of course, but life goes on! And I'm ready.

Peace and Blessings
Sister Hepworth

Roadkill!
P.S. So Sister Engelbrektsson and I were taking some *attempted* cute jumping pictures. She's the cutest so she has the nice little hair bounce and a cute little knee pop in all her pictures. For some reason I decided to throw my head back and kind of go for the "star" look with my arms and legs extended. Mistake. When Sister Taylor and I were looking at the pictures later and laughing at how ridiculous I look she said "You look like roadkill!" I can't even deny it. I look like roadkill.

A much more successful jumping picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment