Tuesday, February 16, 2016

They Were Really Hard to Chew

Life is good!

Holy delicious pizza. One of our less-active families had us over for supper and the husband just so happens to be a CHEF. It was seriously way good. Plus, our lesson with them afterwards went really well. We cut out a bunch of hearts and decorated a jar all cute and told them for Valentine's day to write compliments or love notes about their family members. The mom seriously loved it. The second we put down the hearts, she picked them and started writing. It was so cute. By the time we left, they'd already written on almost all the hearts.

On Thursday, we were teaching Roni about the Atonement. We read Alma 7:11-13 and told her, "The Atonement isn't just for sinners." (I was quoting my fabulous seminary teacher of course, shout out to Dawn). The more we talked about it the more she loved it. We had a member with us and she made the comment that the Atonement is "mind-blowing." Roni definitely agreed cause she said it about 4 more times before we left. She also started teasing the member because "Ha ha. You have to go home and be a mom. I get to sit here all day and research the Atonement." In case you haven't already guessed, Roni's doing pretty awesome ;D

So our area is huge and we cover about 6 little towns. One of our investigators lives in a town we don't get to go to very often, but we saw him again finally and he made the comment, "Ya know, I'll never become a Mormon." I mentioned that he had said that in branch council and 2 people in the room said, "Yeah I said that once too." Haha So we won't give up on him yet.

Sister Woolsey and I got to sing the song we sang at Roni's baptism again on Sunday. I also got to give a talk on the primary theme this year: "I Know the Scriptures Are True." Now let me tell you,

I KNOW THE SCRIPTURES ARE TRUE. 

They're the word of God and they're a treasure. God told all his prophets some pretty good stuff and I'm so thankful they wrote it all down so that I can read it. And I am so thankful for the Book of Mormon and role it plays in my testimony. It holds it all together. Because the Book of Mormon is true, Joseph Smith was a prophet and this is Heavenly Father's church on the earth today. It teaches me incredible things like the plan of salvation and the power of the atonement and what I need to do to have both those things work in my life. I'm gonna quote Elder Holland who quoted his grandfather: "No wicked man could write such a book as this; and no good man would write it, unless it were true and he were commanded of God to do so."

Peace and Blessings,
Sister Hepworth

In the video, Sister Woolsey ended up sitting on cat.
 I also was much more successful on my first attempt. 
You'll understand when you watch.
P.S. Our subject title this week is courtesy of Sister Woolsey. Last night at supper we were eating Edamame which are little bean looking things that kind of look like cooked snap peas. You're supposed to just eat the little bean thing on the inside of the pod and throw the pod away. Sister Woolsey had only eaten them one time before last night and didn't remember how they were usually eaten (even though she thought she did). She was trying to take bites of the pod with the beans still inside and was having lots of difficulty biting through the pod and trying to tear them off. Later that night when we were talking about the normal way to eat them we laughed a good deal hahaha We'd finished laughing when she made the almost inaudible comment that, "they were really hard to chew." Oh I just about died.

No comments:

Post a Comment