Tuesday, December 6, 2016

You're Leaving Me

​We had a going away party for Sister Van Vleet
at lunch with our district
So Sister Van Vleet is shipping off on Thursday. So surreal. I don't know where this last transfer went. I'm sure the next 3 are gonna fly. So last time Sister Van Vleet left our companionship she would randomly say all the time "You're leaving me!" No no. Let's get this straight. She is leaving me. Well Round 2 of being left is a lot like last time haha She tells me all the time that I'm leaving her. This time we have to weigh all the luggage though which is lame-sauce.

​The District
This week has been an absolute blur. I can't hardly separate things from this week and things from two months ago in my head. A member asked me how long I'd been in the ward already and I had to say three months. Literally what?? It's been three months?? Holy cats man. Blows my mind.

My attempt at looking like a unicorn.
I know you're all dying to know, so I'll give the latest weather update. We've now experienced what Canadians call a "cold snap." It went from about -4ish all the time to -16 yesterday. -27 with a wind chill. It's the kind of cold that will literally freeze your skin if you're outside too long. Keep in mind we're in Celsius for all you Americans, but still. Too cold.

​There's a famous street in Edmonton
called Candy Cane Lane
that goes hard at Christmas time
and I remember people telling me about it last year.
It's literally in my area this year.
Christmas time is miracle time. I'm serious. We knock on people's doors and they actually let us talk to them. People love Christmas and people love helping people, so Light the World is basically the greatest thing ever. This one lady the other day was seriously just so nice. She had the cutest Christmas decorations that she made all over her house and just loved everything we had to say about Christmas. Another lady that we showed the video to said we were the light of her night. I love Christmas :D

​Just appreciate this dog's face.
On Saturday an 8 year old in the ward was baptized and the family asked us to do a musical number for the program. We had asked the Rainbow Valley sisters to sing with us, but it turned out they had a baptism they needed to go to at the same time. We ended up dividing and conquering haha Sister Van Vleet went with Sister Fisher so she could give a talk and Sister McSweeney came with me so we could sing haha It turned out great though. There was also a huge Christmas Musical Fireside that night that was pretty awesome too. Uttra came and came to church the next day and is just loving everything about everything. She's so great.

​Had lunch with our favorites yesterday :)
No, Sister Van Vleet's not holding her
haha (As much as she wanted to)
Anthony is doing so well! He has caught the family history bug real bad. He said he stays up late at night finding new people to add to his family tree, and this last week he went with a member to the family history center to get all the names ready for the temple this Saturday. He's seriously the best.

I love the gospel. I love my family. I love all of you. I love Sister Van Vleet. I love Canada. I love being a missionary.



Peace and Blessings
Sister Hepworth

​LRT shenanigans
P.S. We got permission to ride the LRT one last time yesterday for Sister Van Vleet and it was the beeest. So remember how the insane temperature drop was yesterday? Yeah, we picked the wrong day to be walking/bussing. We were walking to our bus stop from the LRT and Sister Van Vleet had already packed her big winter coat so she was wearing a fall jacket and didn't want to wear a hat because it would mess up her hair. It was seriously so dang cold. I had forgotten what it felt like to have your boogers freeze. I looked over at Sister Van Vleet while we were standing waiting to cross the street and her face was bright red and her eyes looked frozen and she was sniffling up a storm. I went into panic mode a little and ripped the hat off my head and tried to get it on hers.
​Gotta catch em all.
She put up a fight for her "hair" while I was trying to explain why it's important to wear hats. I finally got it on her and we started crossing the street. We were walking against the wind, and it was snowing (of course).  We looked at each other and started semi-hysterically laughing and took off across the street all while jumping over gross dirty snow caked rivets along the lanes of the road.

​We ran into Kayla from Mt. Pleasant! :D

Our New Handshake





No comments:

Post a Comment