Tuesday, March 21, 2017

A Great Day

OH MY GOODNESS GUESS WHAT WORLD. RONI IS GOING TO THE TEMPLE. GUESS WHO IS THE HAPPIEST PERSON IN THE EXISTENCE OF THE PLANET. GUESS WHAT ELSE. SHE'S COMING FOR THE DEPARTING MISSIONARIES' TEMPLE SESSION SO I GET TO SEE HER. OH MY GOODNESS.


We forgot about Pi day last week,
but Sister Hewitt did not.
We had pie for dessert of course.
I'm literally so pumped. I wish I could accurately convert to all of you how full my heart feels in this current moment. Hoooooly man.

In other news we had an awesome week! Our investigators are doing well and we're workin our tails off! Peter was able to come to church again this week and he's just so great. I'm so excitied for him to keep learning and growing in the gospel. He's a great guy with a big heart.

Came in for district meeting
We'd been so busy all week, that by the time Saturday rolled around we were really behind on goals we'd set in tracting for the week, so we spent most of the day walking and talking. We told ourselves that if we reached our goal, which was pretty lofty, we could go out for pizza and ice cream. Mmmmm one spicy perogie pizza and tropical chicken pizza we were very satisfied with out labors for the day.


The Relief Society had a dinner on Thursday
and told everyone to wear "fanciful hats."
On Friday I started my morning prayers with asking that it would be a great day. Instantly I had the thought "Aww dang it, now a bunch of crappy things are going to happen and I'm just going to have to choose to make it a great day." Well for some reason none of the forks I used all day worked because I dropped my food in my lap twice that day haha It really was a great day though. I'm definitely an advocate of choosing my attitude. I can make any day I want to great or not. It doesn't matter what happens or doesn't happen. It's totally up to me.

We were so excited to eat pizza
we didn't remember to take a picture
while it was still on our plates.
We're in Edmonton for the day for a meeting tomorrow. We get to go to the temple tonight and I'm so excited. I love the temple. I love being a missionary. I love Sister Taylor. I love Canada.

Peace and Blessings
Sister Hepworth

P.S. This is mostly courteous of Sister Taylor's email today haha "I was making paper footballs and all of a sudden I hear Sister Hepworth looking up french phrases. "Caca sur un bâton" That sounds fancy right? So i asked what fancy phrase it was...
We learned a trick last night ;D
Lo and behold... "Poop on a stick." Sister Hepworth cracked up!! I just looked at her like "are you for real?" Of all the things to look up in french, you are looking up POOP ON A STICK?? Ooooohhh boy... She just laughed and laughed and laughed. I smiled and rolled my eyes.. Silly girl :)" Our day of tracting was the next day and we were still (and ARE still) enjoying our new favorite French phrase. Sister Taylor again: "We would say it in different tones:    Sad: Caca sur un bâton  Offended: Caca sur un bâton  Jovial: Caca sur un bâton   As an insult: Caca sur un bâton Oh how we laughed! We would laugh as we went from house to house and would have to pull ourselves together before we could knock on another door!"

No comments:

Post a Comment