Tuesday, March 22, 2016

My Girls Are Here

I arm wrestled
our mission leader.
 I'll have you know
I did way better
than he thought I would.

We were at Roni's and her phone rang. She answered and said "Can I call you back? My girls are here." Literally made me so happy. Roni is one of my favorite human beings on the entire planet.

I know almost every missionary says this, but TIME IS FLYING. Tomorow's my sixth red dot day and let me tell you, this has been the fastest six months of my life. Also, some of the greatest six months. Being a missionary is probably the greatest thing I've ever done. My poor kids are gonna hear "mission stories" instead of bedtime stories.

This is probably my last week in Tofield. Six months is usually bootin' time. I'll be so sad to leave. I know my way around Tofield better than I know my way around Gridley and there are so many people here that I love so much. I'm lucky though because I get a seventh week here instead of the usual six week transfer period. Which means I get to be here for Easter!

Add caption
There was a Relief Society birthday party last Tuesday and everyone brought a present for a white elephant. S Woolsey and I brought an inflatable dinosaur and homemade cookies. I bet you wish we could be at your white elephant parties dontchya? There were lots of less actives there and a potential investigator AND it was way fun, so I'd say it was a successful party.

Friday we finally got to see a less-active lady that we haven't been able to see in over a month because she lives in the next town over. She had a lot of really hard trials piled on top of her one after another and was pretty miserable for a long time. She's so happy right now though. Which makes me way happy. She used to almost argue with us about whether or not God loves her because she felt like he wasn't answering her prayers and was giving her trial after trial. When we saw her though, she talked a lot about how she's recognizing that he was answering prayers, just in different ways than she thought and maybe took a little longer than she would have wanted. It's cool to see such a difference in her life.

There's an investigator we haven't seen for over a month that we finally got to see again, but we're pretty sure she only lets us in cause she's nice, which is kind of a bummer. We saw Greg though and he's finally gonna start reading the Book of Mormon from the beginning. He's been reading, but just weirdly skipping around instead of reading it. We read the first chapter with him and he said, "Maybe I should read it from the beginning. Which is what you guys have been telling me to do. It makes a lot more sense like this than from starting in the middle." I would have to agree Gregory.

A return missionary came and spoke at church and it was weird to think that that'll be me some day. It doesn't seem possible. Church was great otherwise. We talked about the Atonement in Relief Society which is perfect since EASTER IS COMING UP.

I've never loved the Easter season as much as I've loved the Easter season this year. it gives a perfect opportunity to talk about and testify of Christ which is the GREATEST. Joseph Smith said, "The fundamental principles of our religion is the testimony of the apostles and prophets concerning Jesus Christ, ‘that he died, was buried, and rose again the third day, and ascended up into heaven;’ and all other things are only appendages to these, which pertain to our religion." Easter is a big deal people. If you want to understand a little better why, go look at followhim.mormon.org It's got some good stuff.

Christ lives. He knows us. He loves us. Any struggle or pain or sin or trial. He knows it. He knows how to help us. But we have to let him.

Peace and Blessings
Sister Hepworth

P.S. On Saturday we were at supper with this cute little family and the 2 year old son kept offering his mom his slightly chewed up beans to which she would kindly respond, "No thank you. I don't want your beans." By the end of the meal, his whole face and hands were covered in bean stickiness. We was standing in his chair waiting to be cleaned up when he started reaching, and by reaching I mean he just kind started falling towards, his mom with his sticky outstretched hands. She did the most ninja of all the mom ninja moves I've ever seen. In a split second, she had put down her fork, leaned out of the way and maneuvered around the sticky fingers to catch him by his belly WITHOUT getting a single bean on her. It was incredible.
The Bates took us out to a dairy farm. Yes, those are cow butts back there. 
The Banacks took us to a famous steak house in a town with like 70 people in it.

We bought cookie dough...and ate half of it when we got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment