Thursday, October 27, 2016

Our Hearts are Full

Well another week has gone through a time warp. A whole transfer really. A whole entire transfer is gone in what literally felt like a blink of an eye. One transfer of being with Sister Schatmeier in Belmead and she's leaving! We got the call from president this morning. It was super unlikely that she would have left, but at the same time we both kind of knew she was going. I can't say who's coming here, but let's just say I am PUMPED LIKE YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE

Also, ANTHONY GOT BAPTIZED. So insanely ridiculously happy. One of his friends from Clagary came up and the ward was so excited! On Sunday we went in to the priesthood opening exercises to be there for him to get the priesthood! They had him stand up and introduce himself  one last time and he said something along the lines of, "Hey. I'm Anthony. New member. Just got baptized yesterday." I don't know why that made me so happy but I had to hold in a squeal I was literally so happy.

We also met with Chrissy this week and her life is getting turned upside down right now. We had a great talk with her though and she knows God will help her. She just never ceases to amaze me with how much faith she has and how much she loves her kids and wants the best for them.

On Sunday I was seriously just the happiest person. I sat down to the Coronation Park ward sacrament meeting and just felt excited about LIFE. Anthony was just confirmed and received the priesthood. Our meal calendar for the month of November was almost full (that doesn't happen). AND it was the primary program for Coronation Park. I literally said to Sister Schatmeier, that I wanted to go run around outside waving my arms around screaming I was just a giant ball of happiness. I couldn't figure out how to put into words how happy I was until we sang the sacrament hymn. The last lines of the last verse were, "We love thee, Lord; our hearts are full." PERFECT DESCRIPTION. The whole last verse has kind of become my theme song for life:

As now we praise thy name with song,
The blessings of this day
Will linger in our thankful hearts,
And silently we pray
For courage to accept thy will,
To listen and obey.
We love thee, Lord; our hearts are full.
We’ll walk thy chosen way.

I finished the Book of Mormon again this week and as always it was incredible. When I got to Moroni's promise at the end though, I had a new thought about it. If Joseph Smith made this whole church up, he wrote the Book of Mormon willy nilly and is just trying to scam us all, he's literally the worst scam artist in the history of the world. It says very clearly, take this to God when you read this. Ask him what he thinks. If someone made it all up, he wouldn't tell the readers to take it to God. Then God would just say "not true!" and his evil plot would be foiled. So take it to God. He'll tell you what's right and what's wrong.

Peace and Blessings
Sister Hepworth

P.S. There's a restaurant in the city called Soda Jerks that has a famous burger called Doris. If you eat Doris, you get a free t-shirt. Doris consists of bacon grilled cheese sandwiches for buns, a fried egg, three beef patties and all the regular lettuce, tomato, and onion fixings, more slices of bacon and like 4 slices of cheese. I wanted the shirt obviously, so I ate Doris. My oh my, I wanted to die. I was pretty confident all morning that I would eat it all, and even when they were bringing it out, I was positive I would eat it all. I ended up with four bites left and the waitress took pity on me and just gave me the shirt. I'm running out of time to email. There's so much more to the story, but there ya go haha








No comments:

Post a Comment