Tuesday, January 31, 2017

The Pie That Is Awaiting Us

I got to go on exchanges
with Sister Watts this week!!
She is incredible!
She's only been on her mission
for 2 weeks now,
but she literally is a natural.
She could have been out for 20 weeks.
And we coordinated on accident,
so I mean, that's incredible.
On Sunday the Spanish sisters called us to say they left us some pie on top of the fridge. We were so pumped and as we were leaving our house Sister Hollon included in her prayer "and we're thankful for the pie that is awaiting us." We got to church and totally forgot about the pie. It's still awaiting us.

It's been quite the information packed week haha We had a broadcast on Wednesday that changed a lot about missionary life. Our schedule has loosened quite a bit and we only report half of the information that we used to. It's been interesting getting used to it but I love it! It definitely promotes the idea that we're agents unto ourselves.

We also had Elder Echo Hawk come and visit our mission on Thursday and Friday. It was so awesome. I loved hearing his testimony and the testimonies of the missionaries I'm privileged enough to be serving with. The broadcast and Elder Echo Hawk both talked about being converted and how we do that. It's most definitely a process, but I think if my conversion level were on a graph, the time on my mission would have a pretty drastic spike.

Exchanging back :)
On one of the days this week (they kind of all run together in my head), we knocked a man's house and when he discovered we were mormon he started talking about how crazy Joseph Smith is and how if we did our homework we'd think so too. The reaction in that situation is usually to start trying to mildly argue or to start to question your own beliefs, or to just walk away. I started to mildly argue and Sister Hollon went with the walk away tactic.

My heavens. Part of me was frustrated that he would question my testimony or knowledge of the church, part of me was sad that he wouldn't even consider listening to the incredible truths we had to offer him, and for like a millisecond part of me wondered what it is that he knew that maybe I didn't about Joseph or the church. Which then led directly into an incredible thought process of what I do know. I don't know everything, but I know enough. I've received a personal witness through the spirit of God that God is my loving Heavenly Father, that Jesus Christ is my Savior and that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is where They want me to be. Nothing else should or ever could persuade me otherwise.

In other exciting news Uttra passed her baptismal interview on Sunday!! She is so excited :D We're so happy for her. She talks about all the time the difference that she's seen in her and her son's life from learning about the gospel of Jesus Christ. We taught her about tithing and she literally had zero concerns. All she had to say was "Sure! I need all the blessings from God that I can get!" She's absolutely incredible.

Our first concert is tonight! We had a dress rehearsal yesterday and today's the real deal. It was kind of funny, I felt like I was in high school again getting ready for Beauty and the Beast or something. I'm not dressed as a tea pot this time though, don't worry haha We're all super excited. There are just so many wonderful things that are going to come from this. We can feel it every time we practice. Our song list is powerful. Miracles to come.

Peace and Blessings
Sister Hepworth

P.S. So I resurrected my high school habits of food snatching. I didn't mean to, but I guess old habits die hard haha Sister Hollon and I were standing in the hallway after dinner with Elder Echo Hawk and she was down to the last couple bites of her rice krispy treat. I looked over at Sister McSweeney and said "watch" which distracted Sister Hollon which made for the perfect opportunity to swoop in and snatch the rice krispy. Now being the expert I am at food snatching, I know that I had to stick in my mouth right away or she'dl just steal it back. Boom. I stuck that treat right in my mouth and I wish I could have had someone record Sister Hollon's reaction. Her face was bright red and had the most intense frown I've ever seen hahaha We spent the next 2 and a half minutes laughing hysterically. I don't even know how to accurately describe what was happening as I was trying to chew, but my goodness it was hilarious. She was like half tackling me while I was trying to not choke on the krispy I was laughing so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment